Subang Jaya, 18 June 2019 – PROTON customers can now enjoy additional benefits when they insure their cars with PROTON’s panel of insurers. Known as the Proton Insurance Programme (PIP), the offer is applicable for both new car purchasers and Proton car owners who are renewing their insurance policies and is available at all authorised PROTON outlets.
The six panel insurers working with PROTON for this promotion are Allianz General Insurance Company (M) Sdn Bhd, Liberty Insurance Berhad, AmGeneral Insurance Berhad, Zurich General Insurance Malaysia Berhad, Etiqa General Takaful Berhad and Zurich General Takaful Malaysia Berhad.
Delivering benefits to Proton car owners
Renewing the insurance policy for any car is a legal requirement and often an activity few owners pay much attention too as rates and benefits between insurance providers barely differ. By renewing their policy with PIP, Proton owners will be eligible for the following benefits.
- Key Care Cover: In the event of loss or damage due to an actual or attempted theft, robbery or house break-in, customers enjoy free key replacement up to a sum of RM1,000.
- Flood Relief Allowance: In the event of damage due to flooding, flash floods, overflowing of waterways, drains, rivers or mud slides, customers can claim an allowance of up to RM1,000.
- All Driver Coverage: Coverage for all drivers where no compulsory excess is applicable except where the authorised driver at the time of the accident is 21 and below or holds a provisional or learner driver’s license.
- Insured/Policyholder Personal Accident Coverage: Personal accident coverage of up to RM15,000 applicable for private car registrations.
PROTON PIP customers will also enjoy the following additional benefits:
- Waiver of Betterment Costs: For vehicles up to 10-years old and subject to said vehicle being repaired at any authorised PROTON Body & Paint (B&P) outlets.
- Agreed Value Coverage: In the event of a total loss or theft, customers will enjoy full reimbursement of the sum amount insured for the first 12 years of their vehicle’s life.
“PROTON is constantly looking for ways to deliver more value and with the Proton Insurance Programme, we are able to ensure that old, current and new customers alike are eligible to receive the same benefits just by renewing their insurance policy with us. The programme is backed by six of the strongest names in the insurance industry, so our customers can have peace of mind that PROTON’s partners in this venture are able to deliver on their promises,” said Dr. Li Chunrong, Chief Executive Officer of PROTON.