Subang Jaya, 16 May 2020 – After the implementation of the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) on 4 May, PROTON proceeded with the progressive reopening of all its sales and service outlets and corporate office on the following day. With over 9,000 staff and many more working at its dealerships, the company has taken a number of necessary precautionary steps to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus amongst its staff.
These measure are also intended for the safety of PROTON’s customers and are especially critical as after almost two months of inactivity, the Company is expecting to receive a high number of customers who want to get their cars serviced. Therefore, PROTON has come out with a new set of standard operating procedures (SOP) for its service outlets that will remain in use for as long as the virus is still prevalent.
Among the new steps PROTON has implemented at every Service Centre are:
- An appointment has to be made before coming to the outlet and customers are to arrive 20 minutes earlier after their appointment time has been confirmed. Walk-in customers will not be received.
- Social distancing tags have been put at every registration counter, service advisor table, payment counter as well as the customers’ waiting area.
- All customers will be required to undergo a body temperature check before entering the premise and are also required to fill up a health declaration form.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at registration counters while safety posters have also been put up in all service centres.
- Every car will be sanitised after it has been serviced and before it is handed back to its owner.
As an additional measure to prevent crowding, PROTON has restricted the number of appointments it accepts every day.
“In order to control the number of staff and customers present in one place at the same time, we have to come out with a strategy on how to expedite every process, from registration to handing over a customer’s car. Every service advisor and technician has been well informed on the procedures and protocols they should follow to ensure everybody’s safety”, said Tan Kang Leng, General Manager of After Sales, PROTON.
Customers who wish to set a service appointment are advised to contact the nearest PROTON service centre or call the customer care line at 1-800-88-8398.