Subang Jaya, 18 August 2021 - Following the announcement that sales and manufacturing activities for the automotive industry are allowed to resume, PROTON would like to inform its customers of the following.
- All Proton sales outlets will gradually reopen in accordance with the benchmarks set by the government. To ensure the safety of both customers and staff, only fully vaccinated sales staff (2 doses + 2 weeks) will be allowed to work in showrooms
- As per the guidelines set by the government, the reopening of sales outlets will be dependent on the percentage of targeted adults who have been vaccinated in each state. For now, sales outlets will reopen from today at the following states:
- Kuala Lumpur
- Negeri Sembilan
Sales outlets in Sabah and Sarawak have been open since July 2021.
- Customers who wish to visit a Proton showroom are required to make an appointment prior to their arrival. Unfortunately, customer walk-ins will not be allowed.
- In accordance with government guidelines, only fully vaccinated customers who are classified as Low Risk will be allowed entry to Proton sales outlets. Entry procedures will be as follows:
- Display the digital vaccine certificate as proof of vaccination status.
- Display the current MySejahtera status.
- Check-in by scanning of the premises QR code.
- Perform a temperature check prior to entry.
- To safeguard the safety of everyone, all customers and Proton sales outlet staff are required to always wear double face masks and to maintain physical distancing.
- The current operating procedure for PROTON Service Centres will be maintained. Acceptance of vehicles will be strictly by appointment only and service appointment bookings can be made via the MyProton app, booked online via the PROTON website at https://www.proton.com/en or by making a telephone call to the respective dealer or outlet. For more information, please contact PROTON’s Customer Care hotline 1-800-88-8398 or check www.proton.com/en/dealer-locator for location and contact information regarding our dealers and service centres.